After a seven-year- stint with Andhra Cricket Association as video analyst, the twenty-nine-year-old V. Chaitanya Nag has bagged his maiden international assignment. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has appointed him as video analyst in the India- Sri Lanka women series in which both teams will play three one-day internationals, three T-20 matches and a warm-up match at Visakhapatnam and Vizianagaram from January 17.
Chaitanya will capture the entire on-field proceedings and help the coach and the support staff to analyse the match and implement any corrective measures. “I will give inputs on pitch map, wagon wheel and data on rival team to the team management. The wagon wheels of both bowlers and batters are recorded for reference,” he pointed out.
Chaitanya was part of the Andhra Ranji team and for seven years and he had travelled along with Andhra team helping the coaches on technical inputs. City lad’s technical data was used by both National Cricket Academy (NCA) and BCCI to analyse suspect action of the bowlers all over the country. “I worked at the BCCI under-19 and under 16 zonal camps. I am also incharge of the three academies – North, Central and South – of ACA.
Prithvi Shaw, a IX standard student of Rizvi Springfield High School, batted his way to glory in the first round of the Mumbai School Sports Association’s Harris Shield elite division match against St. Francis D’Assisi (Borivali).
The 14-year-old destroyed the hapless rival attack at the Baronet CC pitch, Azad maidan, and created history with a record 546. He surpassed Armaan Jaffer’s score of 498 in a Giles Shield match in December 2010.
- Prithvi Shaw hammers a record 546 in Harris Shield match (thehindu.com)
- Next Sachin Tendulkar? Mumbai boy Prithvi Shaw 15, scores 540 plus runs in Harris Shield match (dnaindia.com)
- Prithvi makes history (thehindu.com)
- Why schoolboy Prithvi Shaw, 14, is trending in India (ndtv.com)
- The next Sachin Tendulkar? Mumbai schoolboy Prithvi Shaw hits record 546 in … – NDTV (sports.ndtv.com)
- Prithvi Shaw: Ten things to know about the top scorer in Harris Shield (sports.ndtv.com)
- Prithvi Shaw: Mumbai schoolboy smashes cricketing records with 546 run knock (dailymail.co.uk)
- Next Sachin Tendulkar? Indian schoolboy Prithvi Shaw scores 546 off 330 balls (thenewstribe.com)
we will going to share all updates with rules shortly