Talent search contests for differently-abled
Helen Keller’s High School for the Deaf and Rehabilitation Centre will conduct district-level talent search competitions for the hearing and visually impaired, physically challenged and differently-abled students on November 22 and 23 in connection with International Day of Persons with Disabilities, School Correspondent P. Dowlath Khan said on Wednesday.
The competitions will be conducted for Intermediate students in senior category, eighth to tenth standard students in sub-senior category, sixth and seventh standards in junior category, third to fifth standard students in sub-junior category and for first and second standard students in sub-junior II category, he said in a statement.
As part of it, painting competitions on the theme “nature” will be held on November 22 at 10 a.m. at the high school at Ramanjaneyapuram, elocution contest at 2.30 p.m. that day on the topic “Government and NGOs’ role in rehabilitating the disabled persons” at the Government School for the Blind at Sankarapuram, Dr. Khan said.
Essay writing competitions will be held for physically challenged students on the topic “Helen Keller and Louis Braille, messiahs of the disabled” at 10.30 a.m. on November 23 at 10.30 a.m. and patriotic song recital contest for differently-abled students at 2.30 p.m. in the Municipal Corporation Main High School.
The winners in each category will be awarded prizes on the International Day of Persons with Disabilities on December 3.
- Navi Mumbai: Differently abled kids display their ability (dnaindia.com)
- IIMs to include dyslexia under differently-abled category (thehindu.com)
- Andhra Pradesh’s differently-abled face another challenge (thehindu.com)
- Dearth of job opportunities for the differently abled (thehindu.com)
- Helen Keller (avacreativeblog.wordpress.com)
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities (southgatearc.org)